Coding and RAC Auditing Services
Coding and reimbursement have become increasingly difficult to manage in a complex and highly regulated environment. MiraMed On Call’s (MMOC) extensive experience with multiple hospitals and health systems demonstrates that our comprehensive audit approach generates performance improvements, revenue integrity and CDI educational opportunities.
As your audit partner, MMOC provides customized audits that fit the needs of your department, facility of health system at an affordable cost.
- Pre-bill and/or retrospective diagnosis-related group (DRG) audit
- Service line coding audit
- Concurrent coding audit
- Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits
- Coding-based payor denial audit
- Coder-specific audits
- Specialty chart audits
- Coding audits related to core measures
While your facility’s CFO may be more interested in the potential financial benefits of a comprehensive audit, we know that HIM directors, quality management and compliance are focused on coding quality and education. MiraMed On Call reviews all data points you request that need to be audited to satisfy all of your auditing needs.
All of our staff are experienced, AHIMA/AAPC credentialed, tested, and U.S.-based. We ensure that our staff is up to date on all coding guidelines and regulations. MiraMed On Call provides short term, long term, onsite or remote assistance for all your enterprise audits needs. We can bill per chart, hourly, or project-based for simple pricing and will work with your team to determine the appropriate volume of accounts to audit based on the individual project scope.
Benefits to Performing Regular Audits:
- Identification of coding errors.
- Identification of coding educational opportunities.
- Identify possible billing system or work flow issues between registration, coding, charging and billing.
- Satisfy your facilities’ quality or compliance reporting requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate reimbursement.
- Insight to areas of improvement system wide.
Contact us today at (877) 641-9913 or email us for a free personalized assessment of your auditing needs.